Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sound Recording Rookie

Sound recording . . . .the aspect of film that i am probably least confident in. This project was extremely necessary for me to gain some experience and confident with sound and I couldn't have had a better group. We all had our ideas about what sounds we wanted to create and thankfully there was not to much overlapping in sounds. I think we all tried to capture a lot of everyday sounds that we are all exposed to but rarely take time to appreciate. For my sounds I pretty much tried to capture sounds that I could capture simply in my apartment such as toothbrushing, bacon, soda can, and pots and pans. However, since I missed the "walla-walla" question on my midterm i also decided to capture some in Hawks at dinner time. I think i fully understand that term now! A few obstacles I ran into while recording were the noise of my upstair neighbors stomping above me as well as levels spiking during certain parts of a sound recording. For instance in the toothbrushing recording levels spiked when the sink turned on but came back down when the brushing started and so on an so forth. Thank goodness for post production editing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment