Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Role

My role for the Wild Card assignment is extremely different from roles I have had in previous production groups this semester. For this assignment I will be the grip/lighting designer. This position is going to pose as a challenge for several reasons: (1) I know VERY little about lighting (2) I am going to have to surrender the control that I am use to having as a producer or DP (3) I am going to have to find a way to showcase my creativity through light design. However, I realize that all of these are reasons that I in fact SHOULD be the grip/lighting designer. For this position I am going to explore ways to manipulate light and allow light to convey an active meaning and mood for the film. I am going to experiment with natural light, artificial light, gels, bounce boards, reflectors, and even after effects to fortify the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment